Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ream and Run - eight year perspective

Dear Readers 
Here's excerpts from an email I received today from an active gentleman that had a ream and run eight years ago, with his advice on PT.

"I'm 70 now and it was 2005 when I had the surgery done. I never heard of such a thing as Ream and Run....but my right shoulder was bone-to-bone. I told Dr. Matsen I just want to continue playing racquetball until my 70's.
(I started rball in 1974 and didn't want to stop). I did all the physical therapy exactly how they said for me to....no short cuts. In two months he told me to go hit the balls for 20 minutes twice a week and ice afterwards. I did that for 3 months.......started playing rball in a court in games. Although I had walked daily since the surgery I was a weak-puppy in the court. I started doing weights to assist with strengthening
(always finding out if this or that was okay with him). I play rball 3 days a week, at least 2 hours each time. For the last 2 years my team mate and I are gold medalists in doubles rball for Washington State Senior Games.
It is not easy going through the long and drawn-out recovery........it takes lots of time and work. The end result has been wonderful for me.
There you have it.....as clear as I can tell it. The end result of the surgery will be as good as you do PT"

===
To see the topics covered in this Blog, click here

Use the "Search" box to the right to find other topics of interest to you.

You may be interested in some of our most visited web pages including:shoulder arthritis, total shoulder, ream and runreverse total shoulderCTA arthroplasty, rotator cuff surgery'ream and run essentials' and consultation for shoulder arthritis.