You may be interested in some of our most visited web pages including: shoulder arthritis, total shoulder, ream and run, reverse total shoulder, revision surgery for failed shoulder joint replacement, and rotator cuff surgery.
- X-rays for shoulder arthritis
- Acromioplasty S.A.D: R.I.P.
- Rotator cuff and rotator cuff tears - what you should know about them.
- Ream and run - the importance of patient-surgeon communication
- Shoulder exercises
- Russia connection
- Shoulder: arthritic or frozen?
- Ream and run for arthritis in a 37 year old - 5 month progress report
- Shoulder arthritis - what you should know about it.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Types of arthritis
The shoulder can be affected by many different types of arthritis. Some of the more common include osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease), chondrolysis, post-arthroscopic glenohumeral chondrolysis, cuff tear arthropathy, capsulorrhaphy arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis), psoriatic arthritis, lupus, infectious (septic) arthritis, Paget's disease, gout, ankylosing spondylitis, crystal deposition disease, Reiter's, lyme disease, Ehlers Danlos, fibromyalgia, juvenile arthritis, and Sjogren's. Some useful general information can be found on our living with arthritis page.