You may be interested in some of our most visited web pages including: shoulder arthritis, total shoulder, ream and run, reverse total shoulder, revision surgery for failed shoulder joint replacement, and rotator cuff surgery.
- X-rays for shoulder arthritis
- Rotator cuff and rotator cuff tears - what you should know about them.
- Shoulder exercises
- Shoulder arthritis - what you should know about it.
- Shoulder joint replacement - many different types of arthritis
- Shoulder: arthritic or frozen?
- What is the optimal position of a reverse total shoulder?
- Stretching - a key to recovery in shoulder arthritis, rotator cuff disorders, frozen shoulder
- Propionibacterium - the importance of diversity
- When is the acromion likely to break after a reverse total shoulder?
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Types of arthritis
The shoulder can be affected by many different types of arthritis. Some of the more common include osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease), chondrolysis, post-arthroscopic glenohumeral chondrolysis, cuff tear arthropathy, capsulorrhaphy arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, osteonecrosis (avascular necrosis), psoriatic arthritis, lupus, infectious (septic) arthritis, Paget's disease, gout, ankylosing spondylitis, crystal deposition disease, Reiter's, lyme disease, Ehlers Danlos, fibromyalgia, juvenile arthritis, and Sjogren's. Some useful general information can be found on our living with arthritis page.