Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ream and run: rehabilitation tips from the super stars #1

We've invited some of the folks who have done a great job of their rehabilitation after a ream and run to share their tips.

Here's the first one:

The best thing anyone can do while going through the process is to stick to and trust the rehabilitation. I was off work as a firefighter and a medic for 10 months before going back to work with no restrictions. When I was cleared to do strength training I could barely lift a dish towel, now I can do 50 push ups with no problems! I do everything pertaining to my job efficiently. There is no doubt in my mind that I would have been back to work sooner but, lurking insidiously in the background for me was young onset Parkinson's disease. I did not get this diagnosis until October of 2014. The Parkinson's for me is right sided which is the side my shoulder was replaced so my rehabilitation was tough. If anyone decides to get the ream and run procedure my advice is to expect a few bumps in the road and be determined. Work hard and smart.

DM
                                                           ===



To see the topics covered in this Blog, click here

Use the "Search" box to the right to find other topics of interest to you.

You may be interested in some of our most visited web pages including:shoulder arthritis, total shoulder, ream and runreverse total shoulderCTA arthroplasty, and rotator cuff surgery as well as the 'ream and run essentials'